*Please note, this is a summary of the full article below. For detailed information, please read the complete article.
There has been a new update from the British consulate regarding travel for travel back to Spain from residents (18/02/2021):
This text is taken directly from the British Government official page:
Additional requirements for UK nationals resident in Spain
The Spanish government has formally confirmed to the UK government that UK nationals who were legally residing in Spain before 1 January 2021, and as such are beneficiaries of the Withdrawal Agreement, can use any of the following documents to prove their residence status when entering Spain:
- – Residence card issued under Article 18.4 of the Withdrawal Agreement (the TIE – Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero)
- – Temporary or permanent EU residence certificate (Certificado de Registro de Ciudadanos de la Unión)
- – Receipt of application for the TIE (Resgaurdo de presentación de la solicitud de la tarjeta de residencia)
- – Confirmation of the positive outcome of your residence application (Resolución favorable por la que se concede la tarjeta de residencia)
- – In the absence of any of the above documents, other documents that credibly evidence your legal residence in Spain before 1 January 2021, such as a padrón certificate (issued by your town hall), a work contract, a rental contract, or proof of property purchase
- -In the case of students, documentation that demonstrates enrolment in an on-site or in-person course and proof of accommodation
You must also show a valid passport when you travel and comply with the other documentation requirements, such as a negative COVID test within 72 hours of arrival, as set out in this travel advice.
The above list of documentation has also been communicated to airlines and other operators.
Full Article or Translation
The full and complete article can be read here:
*this article will be updated regularly as changes to the legislation occur and when new information comes to light. Be sure to check back to see new updates.