How do I get a padrón certificate?

What is the padrón certificate?

The padrón certificate or ‘certificado de empadronamiento’ as it is known is Spanish is a local register which is used to record the local population.  It is important to be on the padrón in the place where you are living.  For official purposes, you will always be asked for your padrón certificate for proof of address.

How do I get a padrón certificate?

Getting a padrón certificate or updating your padrón certificate is a relatively straightforward process. You should go to your local town hall with your passport, NIE (or residency) and proof of address which can be the deeds to your house or a current rental contract.  Once their, you ask the receptionist for a ‘certificado de empadronamiento’.  They may ask you to return in a day or two to collect it, as it must be signed by the mayor or their personal secretary.  In most cases the certificate is free but some town halls may change one or two euros as an admin fee.

Very soon, we will publish a printable note that you can take to your town hall if you don’t feel confident asking yourself.

*this article will be updated regularly as changes to the legislation occur and when new information comes to light.  Be sure to check back to see new updates.

Click here to propose a question

error: Content is protected by copyright law.