Purpose of the procedure
– The special agreement on the provision of Health Care signed with the Generalitat allows access to the health benefits of the common basic portfolio of care services of the National Health System, in the area of the Valencian Community and during the period of time in which the agreement is in force.
– The special agreement does not cover benefits included in the supplementary joint portfolio of the National Health System, such as pharmaceutical medicines, orthopedic procedures, dietary products or non-urgent health transport.
Who can apply for it?
Persons registered in a municipality of the Valencian Community that do not have the status of insured or beneficiaries of the National Health System, or have access to a system of protection to public health by any other means, and that certifies the effective residence in Spain for a continuous period of at least one year immediately preceding the date of application of the special agreement.
Persons who, have previously benefitted from the convenio especial but have cancelled it for any of the following reasons may not apply for the formalization of a new special agreement for the provision of health care until the period of one year has elapsed from the day following that of the extinction of the previous one:
(b) for failure to pay the first instalment or the instalments corresponding to two consecutive or three alternative instalments.
(c) for failure to comply with the conditions laid down in the convention.
(a) proof of effective residence in Spain for a continuous period of at least one year immediately preceding the date of application for the special agreement.
What fees should be paid and how to make your payment?
The amount of the fees to be paid for the subscription of the special agreement for the provision of health care will be as follows, depending on the age of the subscriber on the date on which the corresponding monthly fee is accrued:
1º.- If the subscriber is under 65 years old: monthly fee of 60 euros.
2º.- If the subscriber is 65 or older: monthly fee of 157 euros.
In the event that the subscriber of the agreement is under 65 years of age and during its validity reaches that age, the fee will be automatically updated according to the amount provided for 65 years. The update will take effect from the first day of the month following the month in which you have reached the age of 65.
The amounts of the contributions indicated in the previous section will be required in their entirety for each calendar month of validity of the convenio. Notwithstanding this, the amount of the fee corresponding to the month of commencement and termination of the agreement will be prorated based on the days of validity of the agreement in those months.
The fees shall be paid by direct debit to the account opened in the entity designated in the application, which must be held by the person who signs the agreement. The payment of the contributions after the first one must be made within the first ten calendar days of the month to which they correspond.
As an exception, when it is justified the impossibility of making the payment by direct debit, the Conselleria competent in matters of health may authorize the payment of the fees by self-assessment and entry of public price in collaborating financial entity of the Generalitat, using the 046 model that is enabled for this purpose.
When to apply?
Term open throughout the year.
Where do I finalise the application?
REGISTER OF THE TERRITORIAL DIRECTORATE OF UNIVERSAL HEALTH AND PUBLIC HEALTH-VALENCIA
GRAN VIA FERRAN El CATÒLIC, 74 ver plano
REGISTRO DE LA DIRECCIÓN TERRITORIAL DE SANIDAD UNIVERSAL Y SALUD PÚBLICA – CASTELLÓN
12001 Castelló de la Plana
C/ GIRONA, 26Ver plano
What documentation should be submitted?
– Application for the subscription of a special agreement on the provision of health care
– In the case of Spanish citizens, the National Identity Document (DNI) in force. In the case of persons who do not have Spanish nationality, a document proving the Foreigner identity number (NIE), or failing that, a valid national identity document or passport.
In the case of DNI or NIE applicants who sign the authorization for telematic data verification, this requirement will be verified by consulting the residence data verification system
– Documentation proving the applicant’s effective residence in Spain for a minimum continuous period of one year immediately preceding the date of submission of the application.
– Supporting documentation of compliance with the requirement of empadronamiento (the padron) of the applicant in a municipality belonging to the territorial scope of the Valencian Region at the date of the request the subscription of a special agreement (in the case of applicants holders of DNI or NIE sign the authorization for verification data, this requirement shall be checked by consulting the system of data verification of residence)
– SEPA Direct Debit order
* TERMINATION OF THE CONVENTION
The health care agreement is terminated for any of the following reasons:
(a) Passing away of the person who has signed the special convention.
(B) when the person who has signed the special convention acquires the status of insured person or beneficiary of the National Health System, or becomes covered by a system of public health protection by any other title, either by application of national legislation, community regulations on Social Security or bilateral agreements in that matter have been signed by Spain with other countries.
(c) when the person who has signed the special agreement ceases to have their effective residence in Spain.
(d) when the person who has signed the special agreement ceases to be registered in a municipality of the community.
(e) by decision of the person who has signed the special agreement, communicated in the correct way to the Public Administration with which they have formalized it.
– The signing of a special agreement for the provision of health care determines for the person who signs it the obligation to pay to the Generalitat the economic quotas established.
– The obligation to pay the fees derived from the subscription of a special agreement for the provision of health care shall begin on the date of its formalization and shall exist for as long as it remains in force and until its extinction.
Legal and/or documentary sources
– Decree 190/2013, of December 20, of the Consell, which regulates the special agreement on the provision of health care in the area of the Valencian Community to people who do not have the status of insured or beneficiaries of the National Health System (DOCV nº 7179 of 24/12/13).
Install this LingoMar on your iPhone and then Add to Home Screen