Changing ownership of a Spanish Vehicle

At LingoMar, we can look after the whole process for you. 

Please see the list of documents below that must be presented for the change of vehicle ownership.  Once you have all of the documents, you can make a appointment to come to our Jalón office and we can formalise the exchange there and then.  You will receive a legal justification of the change of ownership.

 The cost of the exchange process varies considerably according to the characteristics of the vehicle as the government taxes vary, we  charge a set fee of 30€ + IVA on top of the government taxes and GA fees for processing the paperwork and getting your new registration document.
How do I get a quote?
For a no obligation quote, tell us the general characteristics of the vehicle below and we’ll email a quote back to you

Change of vehicle ownership

Leave this field blank
  • Choose
  • Motorcycle or Scooter
  • Car
  • Mixed Van (For example a Citroen Berlingo, Ford Transit connect etc.)
  • Choose
  • Older than 12 years
  • Between 5 and 12 years
  • Less than 5 years
  • Choose
  • Less than 250cc
  • 250cc - 550 cc
  • 551 - 750
  • 751 +
  • Choose
  • Less than 1500cc
  • 1500cc - 2000 cc
  • More than 2000cc
  • Choose
  • Less than 1500cc
  • 1500cc - 2000 cc
  • More than 2000cc

Alternatively, just upload a photo of the log book

Choose file
Uploading… (0%)

Oops. A file with this name has already been uploaded.

Oops. This file type isn’t allowed.

Oops. This file size is too big.

Documents necessary for the change of ownership

-Copy of the seller’s Passport and NIE/Residency card.

-Copy of the buyer’s Passport and NIE/Residency card.

-Sales contract signed by the buyer and seller. A copy can be downloaded below.  It must be signed and we will complete the rest.  The seller must sign where it says ‘firma del vendedor’ and the buyer where it says ‘Firma del vendedor’  

-Mandate form signed by the buyer to authorise us to process the change of ownership.  This can be signed in the office

-Original documentation of the vehicle (Green permiso de circulacion).

Please note that this is currently a service that we can only offer in the Marina Alta area due to the type of work involved.

error: Content is protected by copyright law.